Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Nature Bingo

Recently my son asked that I discuss him less online. 
“Of course.” I said.
But then I learned he had played Nature Bingo at a sculpture fair for children.
“May I talk about Nature Bingo on my blog?” I asked.
“Only if you don’t mention me,” he said.
“But I wasn’t even there,” I said. “How can I describe it without mentioning you?”
“You could say this,” he said. “Recently, my family learned how to play Nature Bingo.  They learned at a sculpture fair.  You find things outside like rocks and pine cones.  We had everything we needed except a bird song.  But then a crow cawed and so we won.”
“Are you talking about Nature Bingo?” asked my husband.
“Yes,” I said, “But I am not supposed to mention anyone by name.” 
“Can I be Commander Cool?” asked my husband.
“Of course,” I said. “How did you know to look for a bird song and not just a bird?” I asked. 
“The squares were marked with an eye, a hand, and an ear,” said Commander Cool.
“Cool!” I said.
Commander Cool,” said my son.
And that is how you play Nature Bingo.
My family came home at sunset and took this lovely picture.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe if you give everyone pseudonyms, you can discuss them as much as you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Jen -- I might have to check with Commander Cool and son about that.

    ReplyDelete